– General objetives
- Provide human resources with excellency in knowledge production and higher education teaching with reference to functional health and human communication process
- Develop scientific contributing research for the country in Speech-Language and Hearing Pathology and functional health
– Specific objectives
- Produce theoretical-methodological references to understand the biopsychosocial model and interactions between functionality and human communication.
- Knowledge production based on concrete situations in functional health care, encouraging the creation and proposition of innovative projects under solid scientific bases to solve relevant problems.
- Provide the professional means to scientific investigation, knowledge sharing and national and international group research collaboration.
- Prepare professors to teaching courses in Speech-language and hearing sciences and in functional health area for graduation and post-graduation programs.
- To value and encourage new talents development for research in Speech-language and hearing sciences and correlated areas.
- Improve scientific and technological production standards in speech-language and hearing sciences and functional health.
- Contribute to scientific and technological development in speech-language and hearing science in the regional and national domains.
- Develop leaderships to reflexive and critical acting in different contexts of health, considering philosophical, scientific, cultural and ethical aspects.
- Prepare researchers and professors in speech-language and hearing sciences, able to articulate research, teaching and extension in an interdisciplinary and interprofessional means under functional health principles.